Aftercare offered until 5.30pm
Holiday club available
Touchwood Montessori is a privately owned pre-school that offers a secure and stimulating environment for children from 1 to 6 years old. Our qualified and experienced staff love what they do and the Montessori environment allows for holistic development. The age appropriate prepared environment allows the child to develop at their own pace.
All staff are first aid trained
The Montessori learning areas:
- Practical Life: These activities provide real life experiences, they develop gross and fine motor control as well as coordination, independence, concentration and a sense of responsibility.
- Sensorial: The sensorial materials help a child to develop and refine their senses. Each activity isolates a quality (such as colour, size or shape) and focuses on developing that one aspect.
- Cultural: The cultural area of the Montessori classroom covers a variety of subjects. Geography, Science, Botany, Zoology, History as well as Art and Music are included in this area.
- Literacy: All the activities are geared for natural development of the skills required for oral and written language.
- Mathematics: As with all Montessori areas, the Math area starts with concrete activities and progresses to more abstract activities, they develop from simple to complex. Order, coordination, concentration and independence are encouraged by these activities.